Inwood provides structural engineering services with the technical capability and expertise typically associated with larger firms, but with an added emphasis on flexibility, quality, and personal service. As a result, two of our structures projects received the Best in Construction Award by the Florida Transportation Builders Association (FTBA), and one project received the Most Innovative in Construction award from AASHTO.
Our services range from small creek crossings to long span bridges and continuous span bridges over major rivers, highways, and interchanges.
In addition to providing quality design services to conventional projects, Inwood is a leader in the field of Design-Build transportation projects.
Inwood is a leader in the field of Design-Build transportation projects.
Inwood’s structural engineering FDOT prequalifications include:
Group 4 – Highway Design - Bridges
- 4.1.1 - Miscellaneous Structures
- 4.1.2 - Minor Bridge Design
- 4.2.1 - Major Bridge Design - Concrete
- 4.2.2 - Major Bridge Design – Steel Group 5 – Bridge Inspection
- 5.4 - Bridge Load Rating
Structures Team Awards & Recognition
• SR 35 (Baseline) and SR 464 over Wildlife Crossings, Marion County, FL - 2012 FTBA Best in Construction - Design-Build
• SR 35 and SR 44 over CSX Railroad, Sumter County, FL – 2011 FTBA Best in Construction - Design-Build
• I-75 over Lake Panasoffkee Creek Bridge, Sumter County, FL - 2003 FTBA Best in Construction - Design-Build
• SR 60A over CSX Railroad and Polk Street, Polk County, FL - 2003 AASHTO National Value Engineering Most Innovative in Construction